Madera is located in the metropolitan area with a long history. Part of today's Boulevard of King Alexander - from Takovska to Beogradska street - was known as "Fišegdžijska čaršija" (Cornet market) because, by order of Prince Miloš Obrenović, this area has been designated for the sale of gun-powder cornets. The place where Madera restaurant stands today, had been occupied by a "kafana" called Smederevo - a gethering place of coachmen and blue-collars. Then, in the spirit of Modernism, a new building was erected whose lobby was populated by the restaurant Madera in 1937.
The story goes that the restaurant got its name as one of the regular guests brought a great wine from the Portuguese island of Madeira. Belgrade's bohemians, famous artists and journalists, which have been popularly called "maderaši", gethered in our restaurant. Among them are Dr Aca Obradović, Predrag Milojević, Ljuba Tadić, Miroslav Radojčić, Den Tana, Miljan Miljanić, Slava Đukic, Ljubiša Vukadinović, Dragoslav Šekularac and others.
Its current, modern appearance Madera got in May 2003.
Fish , International
Free Wi-Fi , Free Parking , Summer garden , Wheelchair access , Smoking area , No smoking zone , Card payment
Good for :
Business meetings , Special occasions , Large groups , Beautiful view , Romantic date , Bar scene
Meal type :
Brunch , Lunch , Dinner