Belgrade Attractions - The Royal Chapel of the Holy Apostle Andrew the First Called from the list Belgrade Attractions is located near the Royal Palace, and they are connected by a colonnade of stone pillars. This chapel from the list Belgrade Attractions is made in the likeness of Milutin Royal church in Studenica monasteries and churches Andrijaš on the Treska. The interior of the chapel painted by Russian artists.
The Karadjordjevic family celebrated the Day of the Holy Apostle Andrew the First-Called since the time of the First Serbian Uprising, introduced by king Karadjordje who until then celebrated St. Clement. He's pledged to Saint Andrew In 1806, after the liberation of Belgrade from Turkish rule. This tradition of the Serbian royal family was continued by Petar II Karadjordjevic with the blessing of priest Michael.
Sveti Andrej was a patron of the Russian Empire and the Romanov home, as well as the apostle of Constantinople and Russia, according to tradition, he was the older brother of the Apostle Peter and the disciple of St. John the Baptist. The gospel is preached in Thrace and Byzantium, the Danube countries and then in Russia, the Black Sea, in Epirus, Greece and the Peloponnese, where he died.
In his "Prologue", the suffering on the cross in the 62nd year and the first apostle strength and perseverance was described by Bishop Nikolaj Velimirović. The relics of St. Andrew the First Called Apostle were transferred to Constantinople, his head to Rome and one hand to Moscow.