Belgrade Attractions - Jakšic’s tower from the list Belgrade Attractions is located at the intersection of the northeast and northwest ramparts of the Belgrade fortress, and was built in the period between the 11th and 15th century. It is octagonal in shape and during the Austrian reconstruction in the period from 1717 to 1739 it was removed, much later, in 1937, it was rebuilt, when the rampart was rebuilt as well. Just below Jaksic’s tower from the list Belgrade Attractions, in the wall beneath it, the ossuary was built, after the reconstruction of the tower at the same time the church of St. Petka was built. The ossuary still preserves the remains of the killed Serbian defenders of the siege of Belgrade in the period between 1914 and 1915.
Jaksic’s tower was a fortification from which the sounds and bursts of firing guns echoed, and today it is home to cafes, entertainment, relaxation and enjoyment for Belgraders and visitors. The cafe kept the original interior of Jaksic’s tower in order to preserve this landmark. This arrangement creates the feeling of another, ancient dimension for the guests.
Jaksic’s tower is often a host to exhibitions, concerts and similar renditions of cultural events for all forms of art.